Apedale Heritage Centre
"Bringing Britain's Great Industries Back to Life"
Our team of enthusiastic volunteers aim to preserve and record the history and industries of the Apedale Valley and the surrounding communities. Based at the site of a former coal mine, we offer authentic underground tours, complemented by our museum and café. The Apedale Valley Railway operates at the same site, adding to a great family visit. More info...
Events at Apedale
- This weekend the lobby fairy will be visiting our café (I was reminded of this by our ever alert museum manager), so if you are walking in the park it’s a great way to warm up. We’ve used local produce so it really is a taste of North Staffordshire!. The …[More...]
- Something for teachers – our brand new education pack has just arrived hot of the presses. It’s been updated for the latest revision of the national curriculum, has all of the up to date info on what we offer to schools, and is now a much more useful size. What’s …[More...]
- Congratulation to the Heritage Centre Café team on achieving a Food Hygiene Rating of 5! A lot of hard work has gone into improving things in the café kitchen to get this which covers the record keeping side as well as the obvious things.[More...]
- The companion dog show that was cancelled earlier this month due to the severe weather, has been rescheduled for Saturday 4th October. There are categories to suit all types of dog, such as “Waggiest Tail”, so even if your best pal isn’t a pedigree pooch, there’s still a chance to win. …[More...]
- If you’ve visited us over the last couple of week you may have heard the sound of drilling, hammering and general mayhem. Nothing to be concerned about, it was just John the electrician installing power in our new lamp room. Today the first of the lamp charging racks went in, …[More...]