Apedale Heritage Centre
"Bringing Britain's Great Industries Back to Life"
Our team of enthusiastic volunteers aim to preserve and record the history and industries of the Apedale Valley and the surrounding communities. Based at the site of a former coal mine, we offer authentic underground tours, complemented by our museum and café. The Apedale Valley Railway operates at the same site, adding to a great family visit. More info...
Events at Apedale
- We hope everyone who visited during the Gala had a great time, we certainly did! No time to catch our breath because we have a Bank Holiday coming up with Steam on Sunday and Monday (24th and 25th May). If you didn’t manage to make it, you can see some …[More...]
- In July we’re hosting the “Inspired 2 Festival” from the MY Theatre and Film Co. It should be a great day of family fun. Neil Baldwin , who was recently immortalised in the BAFTA winning biopic “Marvellous” will be there as Nello the Clown. There’ll also be music, workshops, stalls, …[More...]
- The Apedale Valley Light Railway Annual Gala is on 16th and 17th May this year and advanced tickets are now available on www.avlr.org.uk. Adults tickets are £6 and children £3, with a £15 family ticket (2 adults and 2 children). There is also a £15 “Access-all-areas” ticket for the serious enthusiasts photographers. Advanced …[More...]
- The Apedale Valley Light Railway starts it’s 2015 season this weekend with three whole days of Steam, featuring the Kerr Stuart 3014 “Joffre” (pictured). There will be Easter fun on the railway with the Great Easter Egg Hunt.[More...]
- We recently learned of a music project by American Folk Musician, Alex Caton, focusing on mining songs and poems. In Alex’s own words – “The project started five years ago after a visit to England and a family group tour down the mine at Apedale Heritage Centre in North Staffordshire, …[More...]