Apedale Heritage Centre
"Bringing Britain's Great Industries Back to Life"
Our team of enthusiastic volunteers aim to preserve and record the history and industries of the Apedale Valley and the surrounding communities. Based at the site of a former coal mine, we offer authentic underground tours, complemented by our museum and café. The Apedale Valley Railway operates at the same site, adding to a great family visit. More info...
Events at Apedale
- We’ve barely digested the last of the Christmas pudding and another half term is upon us! A lot of attractions close for the winter, so it can be hard to find something to keep the kids and grand-kids from driving you up the wall occupied, but we’re open all year at …[More...]
- We’ve just updated our website with all of the Railway events for 2015, other events will be added as they are announced. If you are running any events in the Apedale Country Park or in the surrounding communities, do let us know and we will pop them on our website. …[More...]
- This weekend there will be a series of events at Halmerend Methodist Chapel to remember the men who died in the Minnie Pit Disaster on 12th January 1918. We’ll be there ourselves on the Sunday 11th January with a display of Mining artefacts including items related to the Minnie Pit, …[More...]
- Pictures from this years Santa Special are now up on our website, just click here to find them![More...]
- This Saturday…. Mistletoe Magic at the Countryside workshop, Apedale Country Park (Opposite the Apedale Heritage Centre). Make your own Chrismas decorations using natural materials from the country park. Saturday 6th December from 10am to 3pm. Also crafts stall from Action Apedale, and we’ll be open for mine tours, museum and …[More...]