Apedale Heritage Centre
"Bringing Britain's Great Industries Back to Life"
Our team of enthusiastic volunteers aim to preserve and record the history and industries of the Apedale Valley and the surrounding communities. Based at the site of a former coal mine, we offer authentic underground tours, complemented by our museum and café. The Apedale Valley Railway operates at the same site, adding to a great family visit. More info...
Events at Apedale
- The companion dog show that was cancelled earlier this month due to the severe weather, has been rescheduled for Saturday 4th October. There are categories to suit all types of dog, such as “Waggiest Tail”, so even if your best pal isn’t a pedigree pooch, there’s still a chance to win. …[More...]
- If you’ve visited us over the last couple of week you may have heard the sound of drilling, hammering and general mayhem. Nothing to be concerned about, it was just John the electrician installing power in our new lamp room. Today the first of the lamp charging racks went in, …[More...]
- We’ve just been told that the dog show, that was to be held at Apedale today, has been cancelled due to the inclement weather. However it will be rearranged for a future date and a new date will be announced as soon as we have it.[More...]
- Not one, but two events this weekend at Apedale! On Saturday and Sunday the Apedale Valley Light Railway are holding another Teddy Bear’s outing which means steam trains on both days and free rides for kids who bring their teddy’s with them, we’ll also be doing a teddy bear hunt …[More...]
- We’ve had the Hem Heath winding engine on site for quite a few years on loan from the Shropshire Mines Trust, and today we’ve finally been able to reunite the drum ith the engine. You can see images from the delivery here.[More...]