Apedale Heritage Centre
"Bringing Britain's Great Industries Back to Life"
Our team of enthusiastic volunteers aim to preserve and record the history and industries of the Apedale Valley and the surrounding communities. Based at the site of a former coal mine, we offer authentic underground tours, complemented by our museum and café. The Apedale Valley Railway operates at the same site, adding to a great family visit. More info...
- This Saturday…. Mistletoe Magic at the Countryside workshop, Apedale Country Park (Opposite the Apedale Heritage Centre). Make your own Chrismas decorations using natural materials from the country park. Saturday 6th December from 10am to 3pm. Also crafts stall from Action Apedale, and we’ll be open for mine tours, museum and …[More...]
- We’re pleased to say that the travelers camped at the end of Loomer Road have moved on and so the Country Park gates are open and the car parks by the Heritage Centre are accessible again. So it business as usual![More...]
- Unfortunately access via Loomer Road is once again blocked due to a Traveller camp situated at the end of Loomer Road by the country park entrance. Understandably, the Rangers service will be keeping the gates locked during this time which means that the car parks next to the Centre will …[More...]
- This weekend the lobby fairy will be visiting our café (I was reminded of this by our ever alert museum manager), so if you are walking in the park it’s a great way to warm up. We’ve used local produce so it really is a taste of North Staffordshire!. The …[More...]
- Something for teachers – our brand new education pack has just arrived hot of the presses. It’s been updated for the latest revision of the national curriculum, has all of the up to date info on what we offer to schools, and is now a much more useful size. What’s …[More...]